Schedule & Tickets
2017 Special Trains and Discounts
Everyone Saves Last Train Discount
- $15 off the last train of the day, valid 6/17 through 10/22. Offer may not be combined with other offers or discounts, including group discount. Offer is not valid 10/6/17- 10/09/17
This offer applies to all Veterans and active military personnel on all trains, throughout the 2017 season.
- 3 hour Summit trip $7 off all tickets
- Must call to book, a valid military ID is required to redeem discount.
Biodiesel Cab Ride
For $79, ride with an engineer in a biodiesel cab round-trip up the World's Most Famous Mountain-Climbing Cog Railway.
- Cab rides are limited availability and based on space.
- Must be 18 or older to ride in a cab.
- One rider per trip.
- Call for details, 603.278.5404
One-Way Tickets are available on all trains for $48. One-Way Up tickets can be purchased in advance by calling 603-278-5404 or 800-922-8825. One-Way Down tickets can be purchased at the Summit Ticket/Post Office located in the Sherman Adams Building. A seat is available on ANY train on a space available basis. (One-Way trips are approximately one hour).
For those of you who want the nostalgia of an authentic coal-fired steam engine train, we run a 3-hour round trip steamer special on scheduled 8:00 am or 9:00 am departures from Memorial Day Weekend through Late October.
Cogger Club Pass
Great for Hikers!
For $149, Cogger Club Members can take unlimited rides on the biodiesel train throughout the 2017 season, (round trips and one-way rides.)
- Includes one cab ride in the biodiesel locomotive. Discounts for family and guests. ($5.00 off per ticket purchased and riding with current passholder)
- Please call ahead for reservations. Pass is not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. Blackout dates are as follows: 7/2,7/3,7/4, 9/3, 9/4,9/5, and 9/17 through 10/10. Pass is non-transferrable and cannot be combined with other offers or events.
Please call to purchase, 603.278.5404
Group Rates are available, please visit our Group Page for details
All schedules, fares and motive power are subject to change without notice. In the event of high winds or inclement weather, shortened trips will be offered or trips may be cancelled and refunded.
FAQs about riding the Mount Washington Cog Railway