2014 Cog Railway Schedule and Rates
The Cog Railway is open to visitors from late April through November. Throughout the season, The Cog hosts events and offers various specials on select trains. The train schedule is also available on our booking page. We strongly suggest you book your tickets in advance
2014 Cog Railway Ticket Rates
2014 Special Trains and Discounts
- Summer Saver Special*
$15 off last train of the day, valid 6/16 through 9/19
- Autumn Afternoon Special*
$10 off last train of the day, valid 9/20 through 11/ 2
|Age||3 Hour Round Trip*||1 Hour Round Trip**|
|Adult 13-64||$66 (steam $68)||$37|
|Senior 65+||$61 (steam $63)||$37|
|Child (4-12)||$39 (all trains)||$29|
|Child 3 & under||Free on adults lap||Free on adults lap|
*May-October trips are three-hour round trip with approx. one-hour stop at the summit of Mount Washington.
**November trips are one-hour round trip and travel to Upper Waumbek Switch, half-way to the summit.
Attention Steam Buffs!
For those of you who want the nostalgia of an authentic coal-fired steam engine train, we run a 3-hour round trip steamer special on scheduled 8:15 am or 9:15 am departures from Memorial Day Weekend through Late October.
Group Rates are available, please visit our Group Page for details
One-Way Tickets are available on all trains for $45. One-Way Up tickets can be purchased in advance by calling 603-278-5404 or 800-922-8825. One-Way Down tickets can be purchased at the Summit Ticket/Post Office located in the Sherman Adams Building. A seat is available on ANY train on a space available basis. (One-Way trips are approximately one hour)
Advance ticket purchases are strongly recommended.
Buy tickets online here or call to purchase in advance at 603.278.5404
Tickets and Boarding
- We strongly suggest arrival at least 45 minutes prior to departure to allow time for ticketing and boarding.
- Tickets booked in advance must be claimed at the ticket window at least 30 minutes before departure. Please have your confirmation number ready.
- Boarding is 15 minutes prior to departure time. Your trip experience begins at boarding with the brakeman's narrative including a few important points we don't want you to miss!
- Trains depart promptly. Seating is not assigned and is on a first-come-first serve basis.
- We make every effort to hold booked seats up to departure, however, unclaimed seats after boarding begins may be considered a no-show and made available to stand-by passengers.
All schedules, fares and motive power are subject to change without notice.