The Mount Washington Cog Railway believes that giving to the community is a an essential part of our success and we support hundreds of organizations and events each year. We recognize that our business is generated from the local community and that it is imperative that we acknowledge that support by giving back.
Mount Washington Cog Railway Charitable Donations
It is the goal of the Mount Washington Cog Railway to support the local community by providing charitable contributions within the confines of respomsible business practices. As you might imagine, we are very frequently asked to support charitable purposes of all types. Annually, we review our giving plan and allocate according to predetermined criteria. These criteria include a heavily weighed emphasis on local education and public health organizations.
Due to the large volumes of donation requests each year we have created the guidelines listed below. Every fundraiser is important, but because of demand we can only honor requests that meet the following criteria.
- Requests must be made at least 30 days prior to the event
- Requests must be made to the donation email address, (see below)
- Requesting organization and auction must reside locally within a 75-mile radius
*Standard donation is two complimentary, non-holiday adult train ride tickets valid during operations, typically late April through November. Tickets will be issued for the current season if fundraiser is on or before April 30. Fundraisers occurring after April 30 will be issued tickets good through the following operating season. No exceptions to this rule will be made.
If you feel that your donation request meets the guidelines above, please thouroughly follow the instructions below to have your request considered:
- Click the link to email: email@example.com
- Insert the name of the organization/beneficiary into the subject line.
- Please copy & paste the following information into the email body and fill it out (required)
- Description of the Event
- Date of the Event
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Mailing Address
- ATTACH FORMAL WRITTEN REQUEST (REQUIRED)
- Send the email
- Please allow 30 business days for consideration and response.
Due to the magnitude of requests received, we ask that you do not contact us by phone for donation inquires or status. If you mail a physical donation request letter, you will be re-directed to the website.
Thank you for thinking of the Mount Washington Cog Railway. We wish you much success in your fundraising efforts.
The Mount Washington Railway Company